? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Life is... better with teamwork


At my heaviest, a few years ago, I weighed about 50 pounds more than I do now. I have always struggled with my weight. I was doing really well on the weight loss bandwagon, but still had some more weight to lose before I hit my goal. Then I took a diet "break" and went to Vegas (drinking & buffets!) and on a cruise (more drinking & buffets!). I quickly put on 12 of the pounds I had lost. YIKES. Ivan and I have decided to get back on track and get serious about our health again. We promised that we would become a team, and support each other in our desires to be healthier.

This past week and a half, Ivan & I have been following our own version of the South Beach Diet... low carb, no fruit (for now), lots of veggies & lean meats. I used to be a vegetarian so I absolutely love the food. Ivan, on the other hand, has been having a harder time adjusting to it. He is not a salad fan and is leery of most health food and certain veggies (hello eggplant!). But we have been supporting eachother through the good (grilled asparagus at dinner) and the not so good (V8 juice at breakfast). I am really proud of him for sticking with this when it goes against every grain of his burger-and-fries-with-a-shake being.

I am really looking forward to weighing in after the first 2 weeks of our diet are up. Ivan has lost a few pounds and so have I. Stay tuned for our continuing updates! GO TEAM JOHNSON! :)

1 comments:

Big Sexxxy said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see how sexy Ivan looks! Grrr....