? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, July 25, 2008

My Life is... Germ filled.





I am sick. Coughing, runny nose, can't breathe, want to sleep but can't, SICK. This is honestly the worst cold I have had in a few years - its kicking my butt! I am home sick again, for the 3rd day in a row. Nothing is touching the symptoms - not dayquil, not nyquil, and not chloroseptic lozenges. And to top it off, my nose is shredded from using so many tissues. Normally, I buy Kleenex with Lotion (aahhhh) as they are the only tissues I can use on a daily basis without my nose turning as red as a radish. BUT, a month or so ago, I found out that Kleenex, and its parent company Kimberly Clark, is not a "green" corporation, so I stopped supporting them.

Not only are they not "green," they actually are harming the Earth at an alarming rate. Did you know that it takes 90 years to grow enough tree-pulp for a single box of Kleenex? Amazing. Kimberly Clark refuses to use recycled material, and they use approximately 3 1/2 MILLION TONS of virgin tree fiber each year. They clearcut forests, some of which are extremely old ("ancient" according to Greenpeace), and don't replace the trees for reforestation either. Crazy, isn't it?

So long story short, I am grumpy too :0)

Oh, and check out this link to NRDC. Its a wallet-sized guide to paper products to avoid and to buy when shopping. Good info.

1 comments:

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

Get better soon! How about some theraflu (the kind you drink), that works well for us. I did know that about Kleenex...its ridiculous and irresponsible. Good for you to not use them. We don't buy that brand either :o)