? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Life Is... cutting out the fat!




2 Weeks of our South Beach Diet down and the results are pretty amazing. Ivan has lost 9.5 pounds, and I have lost 12.5 pounds. WOW. I am about 7 pounds away from my first of many small goals. Its pretty exciting. A few of our friends are doing the South Beach Diet as well and they are also having great results. My grandma was even asking about it too!

This week we started "Phase 2" of the diet, where you start reintroducing "good carbs." Today for breakfast we got to have a piece of toast (gasp!). It tasted soooo good. We bought a brand from Trader Joe's called Ezekiel 4:9 (www.foodforlife.com). The company named itself after the bible verse which reads "Take wheat and barley, beans and lentils, millet and spelt; put them in a storage jar and use them to make bread for yourself." The company uses those ingredients to make a flourless, and therefore low-glycemic, bread. Pretty cool! I guess if Jesus would ever endorse a brand of bread, this might be it... lol.

My next goal is to begin jogging. I hate running, but only because it is so difficult for me since I am out of shape. It has always been a goal of mine to be able to run for lengths at a time. Dropping a few pounds should definitely help with my endurance. I am looking forward to seeing how far I can push myself!

3 comments:

Beth Adams said...

You and Ivan are doing so great! I have to say that since we are all doing it, it makes it way easier.

I also have also wanted to run...mainly in a 5K organized run.

Keep it up hot stuff...

Big Sexxxy said...

Sweet! I know starting and then staying on any new lifestyle change is hard. O and Jesus did endorse bread... Himself "I am the BREAD of life"

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

That's alot in 2 weeks! Good job!