? ??????????????????? ????Easy Install Instructions:???1. Copy the Code??2. Log in to your Blogger account
and go to "Manage Layout" from the Blogger Dashboard??3. Click on the "Edit HTML" tab.??4. Delete the code already in the "Edit Template" box and paste the new code in.??5. Click "S BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, October 24, 2008

Grocery Outlet is AWESOME.

The economy sucks right now and even groceries are getting expensive. Since Ivan & I are trying to curb our spending and live on a budget, I have been looking at just how much we spend on groceries.
So today, I decided to go to Grocery Outlet... a store whose name alone makes me think of dusty packages of expired generic food. I put my prejudice aside and decided to go in. Oh. My. Gosh. This store is awesome.
I know this is too much information, and you probably don't care, but I am telling you anyways. Here is my own product list and comparison, just like they do at Winco or Albertsons... lol. I was on a time crunch (and had no fridge) since I went on my lunch break, but they do sell perishables and produce at great prices too.

~~~ I bought ~~~
- 4 bottles of Amys Organic salad dressing (healthy AND delish)
- 4 bottles of wine (Cab, Rose, Pinot Gris & a blend)
- Peanut Butter cracker sandwiches (my favorite!)
- 3 Marinara Sauce (Name brand)
- 1 Alfredo Sauce (Also name brand)
- Tortilla chips (generic but not expired or dusty)
- Tostitos Nacho Cheese dip (cause everyone needs a little cheese)
- Ocean Spray diet cran-grape juice (6 pack of individual bottles)
- Irish Spring body wash (cause it makes Ivan smell gooooood!)
- Ceramic Glazed plant pot (very elegant - creme & espresso colored)
- 6 superduper big scented candles (I bought the same ones at Target & Walmart a few weeks earlier, so I KNOW these are good)
~~~ GRAND TOTAL ~~~
$44.08

Amazing isnt it? :) At any other store I would have spent around $60 on just the food, drinks & body wash, even with sale prices. The candles and ceramic pot would have cost about $70 at Target! It would have cost about $130 for everything I bought. Which gives me a total savings of...... drumroll......... $85.92.

Totally worth digging through the dusty expired generic crap. Don't you think?

2 comments:

Nathan, Sarah, Liam, Deacon, and Jude said...

Yes I do think so! We have one in Scappoose, but I never think of going in there. I have been to the one in Longview once and was impressed. Go you!

Anonymous said...

They have the cheapest best wine around....I loved that store.

Robin